Access Denied

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Hi

Great solution, howver after following the instructions to implement, I get the following error message

Error: Access Denied

You are currently signed in as <Domain>\Username

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2010 at 5:10 AM

Can you look through the logs to see if there are any errors in there?

I am currently working on a new release of this solution that I hope to resolve many of these deployment issues, etc.

Thank you,

Paul Liebrand

Mar 15, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Hi Paul

I have checked all the logs and no errors appear.  Logs confirm solution has deployed successfully

Thanks

matt

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM

We had a similar problem, when a user attempt to add a new short URL, he received an access denied error.  It's linked to the security context of the current user.  The current user has no right to write in the URL Shortener list in the central administration website.  The solution was to grant write access in this list to the domain users.

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2010 at 8:30 PM
turkian wrote:

We had a similar problem, when a user attempt to add a new short URL, he received an access denied error.  It's linked to the security context of the current user.  The current user has no right to write in the URL Shortener list in the central administration website.  The solution was to grant write access in this list to the domain users.

Thanks for this workaround.  Hopefully in the re-write of this solution all this will be taken care of.