SharePoint 2010 Implementation

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM

I was successfully able to deploy this solution to SharePoint 2010 via powershell!

The UI is, of course, different in SharePoint 2010 Central Admin.  The solution name did not appear in the Central Admin - Global Configuration settings.  However, I was able to get to the url of the settings by going to:  http://[centraladmin]/_admin/Liebrand.UrlShortener/UrlShortenerSettings.aspx and set the site setting.  In addition, the application pool account of the site needed to have db owner of the admin content DB for SharePoint (not happy with that -- have to tweak permissions).  In addition, I had to add domain users access to the URL Shortener list residing on Central Admin (not happy with that one) .  Great tool ... though I would like to see the URL list deployed at each site so domain user access wouldn't hit central admin for any reason.  In addition an account other than the default application pool to use for access to SQL server this solution.

May 26, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Thanks for the update!

Good to know for those trying to get this to work on SharePoint 2010.  The source code for this solution is available via CodePlex.  Anybody can feel free to take it and enhance it. I am going to try make sometime over the next coming months to revisit this solution, take some of the feedback, and enhance it and make a SharePoint 2010 version.

Thanks again,

Paul

Jun 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I was just wondering if there has been any activity on this.  I have successfully installed this solution into my new SharePoint 2010 farm, and can create ShortURLs, however when I attempt to go to a short URL, I just get "404 NOT FOUND".  

Aug 30, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Has adjusted all just as in the first post, I receive an error - "404 NOT FOUND"

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM

The work around to the 404 error is to move the "<add name="LiebrandUrlShortenerModule" type="Liebrand.UrlShortener.UrlShortenerHttpModule, Liebrand.UrlShortener, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=44849c69cb6ba13c" />" line from the <httpModules> section down to the <modules> section under <system.webServer> in the app.config of the web application that is managing the short URLs.

You should only have to do this if your pipeline in IIS 7 is set to integrated instead of classic.

I'll insure this gets resolved in the next version that will fully support SharePoint 2010.