Should I continue to enhance?

Coordinator
May 26, 2011 at 10:00 PM

This proof of concept for URL shortener continues to be downloaded and was wondering if people would like to see it further supported and enhanced?  I did not think there was a need to continue with this tool with SharePoint 2010 because it has a Document ID type solution in-place already. Perhaps it is not good enough, or too much of an overkill.

If you would like to see me further enhance this free community version, drop me a line and let me know what you would like to see changed and/or improved.

Thanks!

Jun 28, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Would it be possible for you to to convert the project for use with SP2010?

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Yes please enhance the URL Shortener.

Aug 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I think, this is a very usefull solution. Document ID only points to documents, not to web pages.

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Please, continue, the excellent project

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:21 PM

How is this URL shortener intended to be used with multiple web applications? if I extend or create a new web app just for URL shortening and associate that web app with the targeted web app in AAM, how can I use it for more than one web application?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM

It was not originally designed to support multiple web applications.  Something I'll consider looking at.

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM
mikewill34 wrote:

Would it be possible for you to to convert the project for use with SP2010?

Full SharePoint 2010 support will come in the next release that I promise will not be as long as the previous changes!