File Not Found.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Hi,

I would like to install the tool. I followed the manual but when I'm trying to configure the new web app for the URL Shortener it gives me the error:  "File Not Found."

Any ideas what goes wrong?

Thanks!

Roi

Coordinator
Sep 11, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Make sure you run the stsadm -o copyappbincontent command on all your SharePoint machines.

If it still does not work after that, attempt to retract and redeploy the solution and then review the ULS Logs (under 12\LOGS folder) to see if you can spot any error messages that would be indicating why it is saying File Not Found.

Thanks,

Paul Liebrand

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:11 PM

Paul,

 I've tried the SUS tool in another environment after the problems yesterday and I'm now receiving this error when trying to apply the tool to the new web application. I've been pretty thorough in testing this and trying to fix it, but I'm unable to progress past this error, which I didn't receive in another environment. There is nothing logged in the ULS or event viewer logs either I'm afraid.
Thanks,

Jason.

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2009 at 12:25 PM

Jason,

Send me an email at mailer@imaxa.com and describe your environment setup to me.  The "file not found" error is normally caused because the resources files were not copied to the app_resources folder of the WSS IIS web application folder.  These files get copied here once you run the "stsadm -o copyappbincontent" command on the SharePoint servers.

I am looking to do this via a timer job in the next release in an attempt to eliminate this problem all together.

I have installed this in a number of environments and I am not experiencing any problems so it has to be difference in the way we have things setup. I am confident we will figure this out.

Thanks,

Paul Liebrand